Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blessed

I was at Lowes with the kids on Tuesday and was stopped for about 10 minutes by a 90 year old woman, who had to tell me how lucky I was to have my 3 kids. She told me multiple times how blessed I was and all I could say was yes I am. It's nice to be reminded, when your in the middle of the chaos, how blessed the chaos actually is! If that makes any sense.
Anyway, I was thinking about that and it reminded me of the Martina Mcbride song, blessed. I had to find the lyrics because if I could have a song that most perfectly described my life right now this would be it. All the way down to the details of the front porch swing and hardwood floor.
These are the lyrics

I get kissed by the sun
Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the
Bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my
Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
The last month has been rough on all of us, with the new baby, the move, tremendous lack of sleep and most recently Isaac has been back in Denver for 2 weeks. Cami did a 180 going from my eager to please little girl to folding her arms, stomping her foot and saying "No I'm not going to mom." I'm so glad we are regaining a routine and that I could actually make it through Lowes without any meltdowns, including myself haha! I'm glad that I can look at my kids and feel so blessed.

Anyway, I haven't posted very many pictures recently so here are a few recent ones...
Isaac and Cami got me a new front porch swing and flowers for mothers day, Allie loves watering them and me and cami and anything else she can think of.







 An update on Tommy- He is a perfectly sweet little baby. I love snuggling him and he loves it too. He has started to coo. He always has bubbles on his lips. He has lost most of his baby fuzz, except on his ears and if you look closely it looks like he has little wolf ears. He is a good loud cry-er unlike his sisters. He is growing super fast and still looks very much like a boy version of Cami. We all love him very much!
 I have three friends very close to us that all had their 3rd babies within 1 month and a half of Tommy. This is my friend Annie's little girls with my girls and Tommy. Can't wait to try and get pics of all of our kids it going to be great!
 We had to make a trip to Boondocks last week and decided to make a day of it and invite some friends, here are the kids on their favorite arcade game the merry-go-round. I love their cute smiles!

 This is at our friends house one day a few weeks back for lunch, it was hilarious being there with all of these newborns and or pregnant women!


 We have been making the rounds at the grandparents homes since being back. I love this picture of Tommy and his Great grandma Etta, it looks heavenly and captures the wonderfully sweet woman that she is!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheena, you're my hero.

Allyssa said...

Wow, you are amazing. I hear going from 2 to 3 is the hardest. Keep it up! Very cute pictures :)