Allie knew the moment she saw Maleficent, she wanted to be the "Nice-Maleficent" for Halloween. I was thrilled. She looks the part and I had an easy idea to make it happen. I bought a brown pillowcase and turned it into her dress. I strung some jute through a ribbon sewn around the middle to gather it. The hardest part was figuring out how to make the horns and wings. Cami found some black pleather horns on clearance at target and I cut them apart and wrapped them in brown and gold ribbon. We found lady bug wings at a garage sale and hot glued 3 bags of feathers on them and voila! Maleficent. I may have had kids for the sheer joy of dressing them up for Halloween. It is truly my favorite holiday.
Allie's serious expression is her acting her part, not any disappointment.
I love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment