Saturday, August 6, 2011

Relocated

For those of you who don't know yet, we have temporarily moved to Denver. Isaac is working on a project out there for the next 9 months or so. Isaac went 2 weeks ahead of us, because I wasn't quite ready. We got to go out 2 weeks ago and see the new apartment and visit him for a little while. We are sad to leave some fantastic friends and family, but very excited for a new adventure. We have a great arrangement too, my bro-in-law is going to house sit for us while he attends Weber State, that way we can come home after it's all over.
The apartment was great, I can literally see Isaac's work site from out the window. We loved the pool and there is the most awesome park I have ever been to across the street. It has a pavilion over the toddler play area, for shade (no slide burns), the squishy, solid rubber type ground, a water feature, a pond with peddle boats, shaded picnic tables a bathroom...I could go on, but seriously I wish I could pick that park up and move it to Ogden. Our church is a 5 minute walk from the apartment and there is a rec. center right by us with a whole bunch of cheap fun classes for Cami.
I was a little nervous about going to church, meeting new people and adjusting to a new nursery leader. Sister Ashby is the best nursery leader of all time. Funny thing happened though, a new nursery leader had just been called and she couldn't be more like Sister Ashby. I think she was an answer to my prayer :) Cami had said to me that morning, "Mom do you think, Sister Ashby will be in nursery?" I said "No Cami, but there will probably be a nice leader." She says, "I think there will be another, different Sister Ashby." Turns out she was right, I was thrilled and the girls did great. Also, there was a mom in nursery that looked familiar, after some talking we realized we hAd gone to EFY in the same group like 10 years ago, and she married a boy from my home ward growing up! She has a son Cami's age and we both have instant friends.
Here are some fun pictures of our trip to Denver, next we are on our way to see Grandma Lindy in Oregon!
Oh and the girls favorite thing to do in the apartment is to hide in the cupboards...














2 comments:

Tyson and Courtney said...

I love all these pictures! And I'm so glad you made a friend on your first day at church. What a small world. :) I'm so happy you're liking it there, but so sad you won't be in Utah when I'm there this weekend. Miss you!

Brittany said...

Oh! We miss you guys!! Glad you are doing well. :)