Monday, September 12, 2011

Labor day weekend!

 Labor day weekend 2003, was the first weekend Isaac and I ever went out together. Ever since I've always enjoyed the little "anniversary" of sorts. We had a great weekend, Jake and Marie came to visit and Carl and Heidi and their family stopped for a day on their way from Iowa to Utah. It was so much fun having friends and family with us. Marie had a whole itinerary planned, and the weekend was fantstic. I'm seriously considering hireing her to plan our next family vacation. (Just not the navigation part ;)
The first night Marie and Jake were here, we went to the Red Rock Ampitheater and watched an Allison Krauss concert. It's a huge outdoor ampitheater, and it was awesome. We were up pretty high, so in the distance you could see some spectacular lightning and enjoy the concert at the same time. Marie's camera deleted the pictures, so you don't get to see the videos of Cami and Allie dancing their hearts out, but they enjoyed it for sure.
On saturday we went to the Denver zoo, again Maries camera deleted the pics, so here are the few random ones I took. The weather was perfect and the zoo was really neat.


Sunday Afternoon we drove up the highest road in North America to Mount Evans. There were mountain goats all along the way, and they weren't at all timid. It was neat to be so close. It was just a small hike when you got to the top and totally worth it. The views were awsome and there was an old burnt out historic builiding to look around. It was actually a restaurant. The highest restaurant in North America, and looked like it used to be really cool.














It's fun to look at these pictures of our growing family and think back to Labor day 8 years ago. Isaac and I had gone with some friends to camp out on the top of Mt. Logan. We got a flat on the way up, and stopped somewhere in the middle to camp instead. I remeber being impressed that he was so calm about the flat and it didn't affect his mood or the night at all. We laugh because, I had told my friend Lori, on the phone the night before that there was a cute guy in my ward. The next day on the phone with her I said ..."So you know that cute guy? Well I kissed him."
And the rest is history.
 Anyway, sorry about the reminiscing. We had a wonderful Labor day weekend, Thank you Marie, Jake, Carl and Heidi. It was made way more fun by having you as guests!

No comments: