Thursday, March 22, 2012

St. Patricks Day

We spent the last two weeks learning a little about St. Patricks day. Cami now knows what a leprechaun is, although she calls them aprichauns. She somehow mixed up the words leprechaun and apricot. We did a few fun crafts, talked about Ireland and some of the traditions. We graphed the marshmallows in our Lucky Charms one day, Cami loved that. I showed her how a heart stamped three times makes a clover and she did the same thing with her playdough cookie cutter later that week, I was suprised and happy to see she remembered. I suprised them with some fun treats throughout the week, rainbow jello and green noodles.

The things Cami drew on her 4 leaf clover are a heart (I asked her why and she said because she loves Valentines day!) our house, its the purple rectangle, a flower because she likes flowers and the washer and dryer, I asked if its because she likes having clean clothes and she said no, it's because I like you washing all of them for me! Well at least she appreciates it haha!
Allie's leprechaun face shows the way she loves to color right now. She pretends each colored scribble line is a different colored piece of cheese and you have to pretend to eat it or she gets mad? They both loved the glittered clover craft, they love glitter!

The night before St. Patricks day, we made a treasure box and left it empty for the leprechauns to fill. In the morning Cami found clues to where they had hidden it. (The clues were from oopseydaisy blog, all ready to print and nice and generic it was awesome.) They found their treasure in the fridge, the leprechauns had left boondocks tokens, a gold treat, mint chapstick and sunglasses. They were thrilled. Their sunglasses go eveywhere with us now.
I love Allies morning hair!

1 comment:

Dad and Mom said...

Sheena, Love your site, and your cute pregnant belly. The pictures are darling. Looks like I need to check into taking my kids to boondocks! Love Aunt Sharon in Mantua