Isaac was planning to go on a day trip fishing Friday, he should have been leaving at 4 in the morning. He ended up with me in the hospital at midnight instead. Cami was 9 days early and Allie was 5, but I was really suprised to be in labor 11 days early with our little guy. It was a full moon that night, so maybe that had something to do with it.
When we got there I was only dilated to a 1. But the contractions were regular and getting painful. The nurses told us to walk around the floor for an hour and come back. From 1:30-2:30 am we paced the halls, this is a picture I snapped of Isaac at around 2:10 when he gave up and asked if he could sit while I walked the next 20 mins.
Well after all of my walking I was severly dissapointed to find out I was still a 1. The nurses said they would probably send me home with sleep meds and pain killer and that they won't do anything to induce until 39 weeks! Seriously, I did not want to go home at 4:00 in the morning in labor and potentially be in labor for 4 more days until they would do something about it. They told me they would check again in 2 hours and decide then. So I prayed, these painful contractions would do some good and waited.
At 5:00 am they checked again... I had dilated to a 3 and was 70% effaced. Yay! Prayer answered! I finally got an epidural around 8, broke my water at 9 and delivered on Friday morning at 10:42 am!
The nurse who helped with delivery told me all about the amazing medical benefits of immediate skin to skin contact with the baby. I didnt get to do that with my other kids and it was really neat to enjoy the moment and snug with my new baby for an hour instead of having him whisked away for tests and such. 
I cant even begin to tell you how in love I am with this sweet little boy! His name is Thomas Isaac Halling, he was born Friday April 6th, 2012 at 10:42 am. He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 20 12 inches long.
The girls really love him, Allie sang lullabies to him in the hospital.
Dad is very proud of his new little Tommy.
and I am doing great and absolutely enjoying every minute of having a newborn again. I'm sure the late nights will begin to wear on me soon!
And now some more pics of our little guy, for the faraway Grandmas. Grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins! He can't wait to meet you:)




10 comments:
Oh my goodness. He is the sweetest little thing! I was shocked to see your text bc we were just together two days before. I'm happy everything went well. Love reading birth story posts. Congratulations!
SOOO precious! Congratulations Halling Family, what a sweet little addition to your family. I'm glad things went so well and that you're little guy arrived safe. Keep the pictures coming and enjoy every moment!
We love him already! Tommy and Bowen will be the best of friends!We are so excited to meet him. Hopfully we will make it down for his blessing. Love you guys!
Congrats Sheena!! I can't believe you have 3 kids! He is such a cutie. I'm glad you finally got a boy, I hope I get one too. (eventually)
How do you get them to come early?? :) Wish I could follow suit. He is so precious. What a beautiful baby. Congrats!! ps- where did you get that blue striped blanket?? I need one. :)
Oh man he is cute!!! Sounds like a long night for you, but certainly worth the wait. Can't wait to snug him.
Cute cute! Pictures of my little Liz will come soon. She came yesterday! You got some good pictures congrats!
sheena! i'm so glad my mom showed me your blog! so cute. congrats on the healthy baby boy. my mom and i were saying how BEAUTIFUL you look. you don't even look like you were pregnant... NOT FAIR! ha.
Congratulations! He is so adorable! The kids loved the pics.
Congratulations She na na na! He is so cute! and you look absolutely wonderful not to mention you just had a baby! so happy for your little family!
Post a Comment