Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spookiest house on the block!

When we started decorating for Halloween Cami announced she wanted the spookiest house on the block. I didn't have the heart to tell her that we were up against some pretty stiff competition, living in Ogden! Seriously, half of the houses in our neighborhood have halloween stuff up in september and some of the houses have such scary things I usually try to distract the kids while we drvie by.
 
We hit the up the dollar store though and came back wth som fun items. Here is our ever so spooky piano, courtesy of Honks $1.00. I liked the skulls and black roses in particular.
 Years ago, in a family fun magazine I saw jack-o-lanterns in windows that I wanted to recreate. We used black trash bags and orange tissue paper. It was really easy and turned out fun. The trash bags were nice because they stretch, so If you cut a little crooked noone will know.

I wish you could see how cool this actually looked at night. All of us came outside to admire our handiwork!
 This is what it looked like in the morning with the sun coming through, pretty fun!
 We also cut out some black bats and hung them from the chandelier. I'm not done making our house spooky yet. But Cami is pretty excited with what we have done so far.
Cami saw a thing on Disney Channel that you can upload a video in your costume, saying what you want to be for Halloween. She came running to me begging to do a video. This is the one we uploaded. She was really excited to e-mail it to her grandma's and see it on disneyjr.com.

 

No comments: