We cut our 1st real Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We headed up past Idaho City and went hunting. The kids were way excited. Now that we have done it once, there are things we will change next year. Like wearing snowsuits and bringing a sled, another rope and a tarp :)
I wanted to try and get a picture for our Christmas card while we were up in the snowy mountains, so I brought along a tripod and camera remote. These were some of our attempts!
My sister-in-law said it perfectly, she loved Allies cheese, Cami's glam and Tommy's indifference! haha
We had a makeshift sled, it was Isaac's waterproof bag and it worked pretty well.
We got down one trail only to see a no trespassing sign and turned around to head up another.
Isaac and Cami left me and the kids in the warm truck while they went in search.
About 45 minutes later they returned triumphant and worn out!
If getting the tree was a challenge, lighting it was even more so. I got home only to realize the lights were across town in my moms trunk. After retrieving the lights and putting on 2 strands, I realized strands # 3 and 4 were "cool" white and not "warm" white. So I headed to exchange them, an hour later with 3 more "warm" white strands in hand I returned to finish the job!
I should have left is without decorations as the entire month of December was spent picking up and rehanging random ornaments Tommy and Allie kept taking off!














No comments:
Post a Comment