I spent some time thinking about what to get Allie for her birthday. I wanted to get her something special, something she would really like. Cami always has a specific list every year filled with things she has been thinking about for months in advance. Allie on the other hand is easy to please and can't think of anything she wants. She is also very destructive and anything she gets usually ends up colored on, dissected, peeled apart and/or broken/lost. I didn't want to spend money on something just to see it disassembled in a week.
Then I had a light bulb moment! I would just take her to a candy store.
I looked up candy stores online and thought this one looked like the most fun. It was downtown and very charming. We had so much fun. Allie immediately picked 2 of everything, 1 for her and 1 for Cami. The cashier gave the kids free ice-cream in honor of her birthday.
Decisions...decisions...

It was hard keeping Tommy's grubby hands out of all of the tempting candy jars, and he did grab a sucker and a gummy worm when I wasn't quick enough. That was the extent of his damage though.
We topped off all of the candy with this beauty of a ring, she of course got one for Cami too.
Allie's other favorite thing, sparkly jewelry!
(Which she calls jew-da-dee)
Allie is such a sweet little girl, inside and out! She makes us laugh everyday with her antics. I'm glad I could make her birthday a little extra special. Happy 4th Al!







No comments:
Post a Comment