Monday, September 12, 2011

B is for Bugs

I've been doing preschool at home for Cami this year and last week was the letter B, for bugs and butterfly's. I've coordinated our themes with some of the fun stuff to do around Denver and so our "field trip" last week was the butterfly pavillion. Cami loved every bit of it. She was excited to see the insects. I taught her a song, about insects and she thought it was so cool to see their, heads, thorax and abdomens, their six legs and their antennae. She actually made me sing the song several times while we were there. (She says abdoment, instead of abdomen it's cute) Allie on the other hand, is a girl after my heart, she looked at the bugs with a curious disgustion.
 I didn't know before going there, but they have a tarantula you can hold named Rosie. Cami bolted over there, she couldn't wait for her turn. I wasn't about to be wimpy mom, so I can proudly say I also held Rosie. We got stickers for it, and I wore mine with pride. Allie petted the cockroaches and leaped back about two feet after feeling it. She only did it, because she really wanted to show Cami her bravery.

 The butterflys and flowers were really pretty, they were flying all over the place. There was also a big section of cocoons, behind glass and butterflys coming out in different stages. It was fun for Cami to see.





                                                                                                       This is one of our crafts from the week, Lady bug rocks, they liked them quite a bit. This week we are doing C is for Candy. We started rock candy today, so I'll have to post those later and we will be going on a candy factory tour this week. I'm excited, I'm already thinking about all of the candies I want to get =) I think Allie and I might enjoy us some sugar a little more than tarantulas and cockroaches although it was pretty fun.

5 comments:

Tyson and Courtney said...

So fun, you're such a good mom!

Jason and Tiff said...

I remember you telling me that you were going to do this for Cami. How fun! I can't wait to see your other adventures. Sounds like you are enjoying your time there. I am glad you get to be with Isaac this time! Miss you!

Critt & Britt said...

Look how cute and creative you are!!! Sounds like all is well in Colorado. We miss you guys!

anica said...

Oh gosh, you're brave! Looks like you're having lots of fun!

The Wilson's said...

You are tougher than me...not a CHANCE I would hold that thing with so many legs!!!