So, I realize I am behind the times but I have just recently started using pinterest and it has been awesome for preschool. Now instead of searching forever for good ideas, I just google search "human body preschool theme pinterest" and it pulls up boards of tons of great ideas. Here is a toddler sized printable skeleton we found, that she loved.
We put together these little skeletons too, Allie is so happy with her purple construction paper, no more black!
We did a day on the digestive system, Cami loved this craft. The plastic bags are lungs, and the purple tube is an esophagus. Theres a heart, stomach and the intestines on there too. She really enjoyed showing this off the her dad later that day.
We put bread in a bag of water and smashed it up to see what the stomach does to our food. Cami was grossed out, Allie loved it. She kept saying "Gross, poop." with a huge grin on her face. We don't know where she came from :)
On the last day we learned about the five senses. I had different scents on cotton balls, for scent.
We played a game where they had to guess what was in a jar for hearing. Allie guessed money right away. She loves money.
We did a paper with different textures for touch, sandpaper, aluminum foil, felt and other things. I can't remember what we did for sight right now? Mom brain, but for taste we made popcorn, it was the perfect treat for the senses, because you can smell, hear, taste, touch and see it!
1 comment:
I am beyond impressed with all of these preschool ideas! Seriously Sheen, will you be my mom? I'm so excited to steal all of these ideas to spice up our long winter days. Please keep the posts coming. Your girls are beautiful, by the way. I can't believe how big they are. I found this old picture of us the other day and it blows me away how much has happened in the last 7 years. You're soon to be the mother of three! Anyway, I think you're awesome and I miss you. Talk to you soon...
Post a Comment