Thursday, February 2, 2012

P is for Peter Pan

Cami wanted a Peter Pan party for her 4th birthday. I wasn't up to having a lot of people in the small apartment and decided to do lunch with two close friends and their kids. It turned out perfect. We spent the week learning about pirates and peter pan, then had her party of Friday.
These are their pirate beards, they were easy to make, and the girls lived rolling their construction paper around pencils to do the curls.


This is Cami's treasure map, I told her what we were making and she drew it right away. We did a secret trail to the real treasure in dots, and painted lemon juice in an x shape. She loved seeing it dissapear and then reappear when we held it over a candle.
These are their pirate ships, Cami wanted something to jazz it up when we were done so I printed off some pirates and accesories. Allie choose black for her sails and Cami thought her ship was evil just like her castle =) I have found out her reason for black is we dont have purple. Luckily Grandma Halling sent us some pastel construction paper this week and Allie will no longer have evil crafts because it contains purple and pink!


Our party included a bunch of fun games. This was at the end of our treasure hunt.

Cami wanted a cherry covered cake, we settled on these cherry chip tinkerbell cupcakes. She loved them and told me it was ok that we didnt do a cake.
These are our pirates, Allie and Jack are the same age and so are Cami and Wyatt. It makes for a fun group. Behind them is a pin the treasure on the map I found at the dollar store. Cami and Allie both cheated and peeked, stinkers!

Here are the kids walking the plank, you cant see it but there is a scary crocodile waiting to eat anyone who falls off. They loved it!


It was a fun week and party. Thanks Allyssa and Melanie for coming and making it that way! I had to include this video at the end because I love the way Allie says pirate, ARRR.

1 comment:

Allyssa said...

You threw a very fun party! Love these pictures. I especially love your post of Allie deciding she loves her daddy. :)