Isaac was gone for 2 weeks prior to Easter. So we did lots of Easter activities in our down time. I told the kids the Easter Story and we did a 12 day Easter Egg countdown that had scriptures and items inside. We made "resurrection" rolls http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2010/03/resurrection-rolls.html
They were easy and fun, but I'm glad I put tin foil on the cookie sheet, or it would have been a marshmallow mess.
We watched a video about Christ and the Easter story. I was afraid it might be a bit graphic for Cami but she really seemed to get it. http://youtu.be/05nA0cNEEqk
Later that week during Allie's make-believe play she said to me "Mom, let's play Jesus." I said ok, somewhat surprised and wondering what was coming next. She went on to say "Ok, I'm Jesus." then she looks at me and says..."Be Good." Haha I guess she gets His message! It was nice to place a stronger focus on the real meaning of Easter and it increased my gratitude for Christ throughout the week.
I did a special Easter Egg hunt for the girls, I wanted to do a hunt for them but lacked motivation and money to go to the store and buy more candy. So I made some mom-coupons. I was pleasantly surprised by how much they liked them. They couldn't wait to see what each other got and immediately began bargaining for their favorite. I think its a tradition we will continue.
Tommy was up when the Easter Bunny came, and made things difficult! He loves those baby freeze dried yogurt bites, and we had to break them open early.
The girls each got glitter sidewalk chalk and had to try it out immediately. It does actually have a lot of glitter. We have all enjoyed it. This is Cami's self portrait of her and Isaac.
I really wanted a cute picture of my kids in their Easter clothes, but they had other plans.
I don't think we have ever gotten the camera out, without Allie sticking her tongue out for at least one picture.
I love how Tommy and Cami's expressions are so similar here.
We did this craft a few days after dyeing our eggs. I like how you can put the candy eggs inside the chicks. Kinda fun.
Hope you had a Happy Easter at your home too!
No comments:
Post a Comment