Saturday, October 15, 2011

P is for Pumpkin

Trisha was in town this week! We loved having a visitor. Our highlight of the week was going to the pumpkin patch. Cami was so excited to pick her own pumpkin. We went to a place called Anderson farms. It had so many fun activities and my favorite part kids 3 and under got in free! I'm going to be so sad when they turn 2 and 4 in the next few months and we will have to start paying for them =) I took way to many pictures and couldn't choose which ones to post, so grandma's enjoy!




 Feeding the goats was one of the first things we did, Cami was afraid until she saw Allie doing it and then it was tough to get them to leave.
 We got lost in the corn maze for a bit, and then gave up to go find another activity.
 Check out these bulls, they stopped our tractor ride so we could feed them. Their tongues were huge. I didn't want cow slobber on me so I just set the pellet where it could reach. Yes I will hold a tarantula, but won't feed a cow. Where's the logic?













 Cami loved the huge pumpkins. She had a hard time choosing one of her own, but settled on a squashy looking red thing. I liked this sign, that is plenty of motivation for me to keep my children by at all times.

Some other fun pumpkin things we did this week, were to arrange our mini pumpkins from smallest to largest. Learn the poem Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater. Make mini pumpkin pies, out of pudding and ready made mini pie crusts. And paint stuffed lunch bags to look like pumpkins. It was a fun week and we will miss having Trisha around.

No comments: